Sometimes reading the bible is easy, other times it’s more of a struggle. I think I find it harder to read the bible when I allow myself to forget just how amazing and powerful it is. To combat this I thought I would make a list of reasons why I love reading the bible; to encourage myself when I am finding it hard.
1 It’s the word of God, when I read it I hear from him. I hear the voice of my creator speaking. To me
2. When I read the bible, I learn more about God, about how amazing he is, and how much he loves me.
3. It’s relevant. It doesn’t just apply to people who were alive years ago, but to today as well.
4. It strengthens my relationship with God. When you spend more time with someone you get to know them better, and become more intimate with them; it’s the same with God.
5.It helps me make decisions. Sometimes it can feel like we’re walking through the darkness without a guide. The bible shines a light on our path and helps us know which way to go.
6. When I read the bible I find peace. I often used to feel afraid at night, reading the bible and praying would be the only thing to take away that fear.
7. There is literally something in the bible for every person and every mood! It’s not just one book but a library full! No matter how your feeling, there is something in the bible to suit that mood! (I’ve even written a guide to help you choose which book of the bible to read here.)
8. It shows me that I am not on my own in my circumstances. Characters in the bible faced so many struggles, yet managed t overcome them and worship God. Reading about this shows me that I can do the same.
9. When I read the bible I grow in wisdom, helping me make the right decisions and helping me to help other people,
10. It enables us to defeat the temptations and lies of satan. Jesus overcame the devil’s lies with scripture. And so can we!
11. It’s life changing, there’s a reason why the bible is the number one best seller of all time!
These are just some of my favourite reasons, I’m sure that there are many more!
Do you love reading the bible? Why or why not?